REQUIREMENT OF CLASS ATTENDANCE
As per the Bar Council of India the requirement, the requirement of the U.G.C. and University of Gour Banga, is minimum attendance of 70%of the lectures on each, of the subject and including practical training and tutorial are required from the students. If any student possesses below 70% of the attendance of above nature, he/she will not be allowed to sit in the university Examination.
- To obtain the B.A., LL.B Integrated 5 year Degree Course a candidate must pass Ten Written, practical and viva voce and Internship Semester examinations in law as mentioned of the aforesaid syllabus for B.A., LLB Integrated 5 Year Degree Course.
- There shall be 45 papers in entire B.A., LL.B. Course and to get the Degree, a candidate must have to pass all the papers including practical papers also.
- Examinations shall ordinarily be held half-Yearly (in the month of June and in the month of December).
- A candidate who fails to pass or present himself/herself for examination shall not be entitled claim a refund of the fees.
- In order to pass examination in any semester, a candidate must secure at least 40% marks in each papers including practical paper with at least 45% marks in the aggregate.
- A candidate securing 60% marks in aggregate in all the ten semester examinations (Semester-I to X) taken together shall be placed in 1″ Class and securing less than 60% but 45% or above 45% aggregate shall be placed in 2″d Class.
- Each successful candidate at the Final Semester shall receive his degree of B.A., LLB in the form to be prescribed by the Executive Council.
- In case of failure in the examination the candidates, will be guided and regulated by the latest Resolutions of the University.