The Academic Session of the college begins in June- July every year (Semester System). Classes start with 30 days of the publication of the results of Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination (W.B.C.H.S.E or similar examinations) of the year.
AVAILABILITY AND SUBMISSION OF ADMISSION
Admission Form is available from the Office of the college from 11.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on all working days of the college from the date of advertisement by depositing Rs. 200/-(Rupees Two Hundred)only in the office of the college. Admission Form may also be purchased by post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 250/-(Rupees Two hundred and fifty) only in favour of IBALURGHAT LAW COLLEGE’ and a self addressed Stamp Rs. *Wive) only envelop to the Secretary, Balurghat Law College, Post: Arnritakhanda Hat, Balurghat, Dist: Dakshin Dinaipur within 15 (Fifteen) days from the date of publication of the H.S. (10+2) Examination (WBCHSE) results of the year.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR B A LL. INTEGRATED 5 YEAR DEGREE COURSE
- A student shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of 5year B.A.,LL.B. Integrated Degree Course if he/she has passed the Higher Secondary Exomination(H.S./ 10+2) held by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other examination which may be recognized by any other equivalent Board thereto. Provided that candidates qualifying from Examination Board other than H.S. Council of West Bengal should have passed in five subjects including English.
- Such students must have obtained for 45% marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Such students have not passed any examination higher than the H.S. Examination (1 0+2) or an equivalent Examination prior to his admission to the course.
- Persons belonging to SC/ST may be eligible to apply if they have secure at least AO% marks in the qualifying Examination.
- He/She shall not take up any other course of study simultaneously.
- Under no circumstances, lateral entry is permitted or provided.
- Candidates are not permitted to hold any substantive post/lob. (c)
SELECTION PROCEDURE AND ADMISSION
Selection for the admission in the I Semester of B.A., LLB Integrated 5 year Degree Course is made strictly on the basis of marks obtained in the H.S. or any other equivalent and recognized qualifying Examination Admission Form for admission will be accepted within 25 days of the publication of the H.S. (1 0+2) or equivalent examination (WBCHSE) results of the year.
Attested Xerox Copies of Madhyamik and H.S.( 1 0+2) Mark sheets, certificate as proof of age and 4 (four) passport size photographs signed by the candidates and attested by a gazetted officer should be submitted along with the admission Form. The originals of the above mark sheets and certificates should be produced at the time of admission for verification.